Yoga Poses For Weight Loss and Flat Belly
21st century! The era where the race is for money, for who becomes more successful, for who gets all the fame, but during this marathon of humans we forget the most important thing that helps keep us going. “Health.”
According to the statistics, about 30% of the world’s population is obese. That may not sound as large of a percentage as of previous years but when you consider the total population of the world then that number counts to 774,000,000 and that is seriously a call for action.
This excess fat can cause fatal issues like heart attacks, and that may make you lose all of the money you have earned and would waste all of the hard work and dedication you had put each day in that 9 to 5.
So, why not invest some of your time every day in your own health and fitness. As today’s generation loves free stuff, they will definitely love yoga because it doesn’t cost a penny and in return gives you a large number of benefits. So, let’s begin our journey from being FAT to FIT with the yoga poses we are going to teach you.
- Adho Mukha Svanasana
This asana or pose will not only reduce the fat around the waist but will also strengthen the leg and back muscles. As the name suggests, the pose resembles a boat (Nauka). Execution of this pose is quite simple.
- Lie on your back with your feet straight and keep your hands beside you.
- Breathing is the key to yoga. Take a deep breath and lift your feet off the ground as you exhale slowly. Stretch your arms towards your feet and feel the stretch.
- Keep breathing and hold the position for some time.
- Get back to the starting position as you exhale slowly.
This asana is even useful for people with a hernia.
You may also see 6 Yoga Poses For Sleep: Yoga for Beginners
- Adho Mukha Svanasana
As the name suggests, this pose resembles a downward-facing dog. Perfecting this pose will increase your metabolic rate and keep your core engaged the entire time which will, in turn, burn the belly fat. Let’s see the execution of it.
- Get in the normal push-up position which almost everyone is familiar with.
- Take a deep breath and instead of lifting your chest off the ground as in push-ups, lift your hips off the ground while slowly exhaling.
- Form an inverted “V” with your arms and legs stretched. Look towards your navel and hold the position for a while with constant breathing.
- Then go back to the original position and repeat the same.
This is also called the Wind Removing Pose resembling the flapping of the bird. Performing this asana will improve your digestion, cure lower back problems and also tone your abs. This is how this pose is executed.
- Lie on your back with your arms beside and legs straight.
- Take a deep breath and while exhaling bend your knees towards your chest and hold them with your hands wrapped around them. Apply pressure to your tummy.
- Breathe deeply and hold the position for about 3 mins.
- Now exhale and release your knees and get back to the original position.
- Repeat the same for 4-5 times.
It is also called a mountain pose. It is basically a warm-up for your body and improves blood circulation. This is how you execute it.
- Stand on the ground with your feet close to each other. Place your hands beside with your palms facing each other.
- Stretch your arms above your head and raise your ankles while inhaling.
- Hold the position for 30 secs while breathing normally.
- Inhale deeply and while exhaling slowly return back to the original position.
These are some poses which you need to perform daily. Well if you calculate the time, it will just take about 30mins. Early mornings are the best suitable time for these poses. Practicing them regularly will help reduce your belly fat and rejuvenate your body and mind. This will ensure better concentration in work as well.
So, just spare 30 mins of your day for yoga. Transform yourself from being that fat person who is unhealthy and isn’t liked by anyone to the fit person with that ideal body with those abs which everyone dreams of.