With age comes wisdom, but also a bigger pant size. As women age, their ability to lose weight goes down which is why many give up on the effort to eat healthy and workout.
Weight loss after 40 is definitely possible, but because of a slower metabolism, it does need a lot of planning ahead.
In this article, you will learn about 7 ways that can boost your weight loss once you hit that special age of forty:
See our famous 7 Days Meal Plan for FREE
- Don’t skip meals- Skipping meals can ruin your metabolism. While you may think that skipping your breakfast or dinner is a good way to cut back on calories, it isn’t because it just tells your body to hold on to the calories that you are feeding your body, and store it away in case there isn’t enough energy to carry out the necessary inner functions of the body.
Skipping meals also makes you susceptible to frequent blood sugar crashes, which means you will be snacking more often to keep your energy level up.
- Cut down on calories- No need to skip meals, but what you can do is cut down on your portions. If you are eating 2000 calories or more, it is recommended that you cut back by 400 to 500 calories. Doing this increases your calorie deficit, and if you keep working out and burning calories that is stored up in your body, then you will find your weight going down.
- Make your goal to lose 1-2 pounds a week- You might be tempted to go on extreme diets or fasts to lose as many pounds as you can in a week, but that kind of sudden weight loss is hard to maintain. You will gain all that lost weight back, and even more, within the next few meals that you eat.
Besides, losing weight slowly also teaches you good eating practice that can help you keep the weight off for years to come.
- Eat clean- This means cutting out processed foods and frozen meals. They come packed with sodium, carbs, fat and sugar that sure makes your food taste good, but it also adds inches to your waistline, and makes your organs.
Junk and processed foods like these make you susceptible to getting diabetes, hypertension, cholesterol and even cancer. Eat healthy and clean. Fill your food with dishes made with whole fruits and vegetables, and lean protein. Nourish your body with the nutrients it needs to burn that excess fat.
- Eat foods high in fiber- Foods high in fiber keeps you feeling satiated for longer periods of time. They soak up water and once they reach your intestine, they swell up and add bulk to the food going through. What this does is that it makes the food pass through your colon slower, which means your body has more time to digest your food and also you won’t feel hungry a lot.
Losing weight one you hit 40 doesn’t have to be a struggle. Start now with little steps towards adopting a clean lifestyle and you will gradually start to see your weight go down.