Stomach Workout – Awesome Stomach Exercises to Try at Home
If you’re looking to transform your physique and get into the best shape you can possibly be in, you’ll find that there are plenty of stomach workout options out there for you try.
Whilst it’s important to focus on your entire body, you’ll find that people generally tend to carry their excess weight around the stomach and midsection, which is why it’s so important to find a stomach workout that works for you.
It doesn’t matter whether you want to drop a few pounds, tone up slightly, or completely transform your physique, the one thing you need to ensure is that you are training your midsection on a regular basis. If you’re struggling for time, or simply don’t like gyms, why not train at home?
Here are 4 awesome stomach workout exercises for you to try at home.
If you want a tried and tested exercise that looks incredibly easier than it actually is, the plank is the exercise for you. This exercise strengthens your core and engages your abs and your obliques.
It helps to tone the abdominal muscles and can help increase functional strength and mobility in the process.
To perform the plank:
- Begin by getting down onto the ground into a standard push-up position
- Next, bend your elbows and place your weight onto your forearms as opposed to your hands
- Now, brace your core. Your body should form a straight line from the shoulders down to the ankles
- Now, tense your core and hold yourself in this position for as long as possible, making sure to breathe correctly
- At first it may feel easy, but the longer your core is tensed the harder the exercise will feel
Leg Raises –
Next up we have another awesome stomach workout exercise for you to try at home. Yep, we have leg raises. Leg raises engage the upper and middle abs, as well as the obliques.
They’re great for strengthening the core and promoting stability and mobility.
To perform leg raises:
- Begin by laying down flat on your back, with your arms by your sides and your legs fully extended
- Next, bend your knees very slightly, and, making sure to keep your back flat on the ground, raise your legs up into the air until the flats of your feet are pointing to the sky
- Your legs should now form a roughly 90-degree angle
- Hold for a second and slowly lower both legs down to the floor, making sure not to bounce them off the ground
- Repeat for as many reps as required
Alternate toe reach –
The last of the stomach workout exercises that we’re going to look at today is the alternate toe reach. This is great for the stomach and for improving hip mobility. Here’s what to do:
- Lay down flat on your back with your arms down by your sides
- Raise both legs so that they’re forming a 45-degree angle in correlation with the floor
- Now, raise your right leg up into the air so that the flat of your foot is pointing to the sky
- As you do so, lift your torso and try to touch the toes of your right foot with your left hand
- Lower your leg and repeat the exercise with your left foot and right hand
Repeat for as many reps as needed.