For Better Exercise: Heat Stress Prevention and Safety in Sauna
Sauna bathing is leveling up with being physical activity when you compare the heat stress that is inflicted. Also, it helps your body to activate genes that will increase the optimization of heat stress proteins (HSP) inside the cells.
It is similar to mitochondria and when the proteins get damaged, they need to be replaced with new ones.
If your body stumbles upon damaged HSP, you can increase the risk of getting a plaque formation in your cardiovascular system or brain. HSP is also important for longevity and can reduce the risk of inflicting muscle atrophy. You can expect heat stress safety by sauna bathing and exercise.
There are ways to improve your overall athletic performance and there are a lot of benefits from heat stress prevention. Your physical endurance will be improved by:
- Producing nutrients like glucose and oxygen, so that you can burn fatigue faster. Also, it improves the blood flow to the muscles.
- Boosting the growth of plasma and improving the blood flow to your heart. This can reduce the chances of getting a cardiovascular disease.
- Boosting the thermoregulatory control and increasing the amount of sweating.
Improve brain health with sauna bathing
It is already proven that sauna can improve the health of the brain by decreasing the number of toxins, decreasing inflammation, boosting vascular functions and improving mood that leads to relaxation. It is very important to detox toxins and it will definitely improve your overall health.
According to a study from last year, those people who visit the sauna more than 4 times per week for at least 15 minutes, reduce the risk of Alzheimer’s disease and dementia for around 60 percent. The result was disappointing when compared to the people who did sauna bathing one time per week.
If you are thinking that they only considered the number of times that they have visited the sauna, you should know that there were other factors, such us physically activity. By doing sauna bathing you can increase the levels of a stress hormone (norepinephrine.) This stress hormone will improve your cognition function and focus.
Benefits of getting heat stress safety
- Stopping proteins’ aggregation in the arteries and brain
- Supports the grown of producing brain neurons
- Improves the level of dynorphin that can relax your body.
Detox toxins with sauna bathing
It is essential that you visit a sauna at least 4 times per week in order to remove any harmful toxins, such as pesticide, and metals (arsenic, mercury, and lead.)
If you don’t sweat enough per day, you will improve the growth of toxins. This can lead to issues with the heart and brain. There isn’t a better technique that sauna bathing that can be used for heat stress safety.
Also, the mobilization of held toxins can be improved with Vitamin B3 (niacin) which will mobilize fat and release and toxins. If you consume niacin, the toxins can be easily removed by sweating.
Tips for Sauna
If you are just starting to visit the sauna, try and take it slow. At least four or five minutes bathing can improve something. After a while, you can increase it between 15 to 30 minutes. You also need to take extra salt because your body will remove electrolytes that you desperately need.
If you can get used to the heat, you will improve the detoxification process. If you feel terrible after sauna bathing, you can reduce the time that you spend in there. You don’t have to start with a lot of time, but you can work your time in the future.
- Spend between 15 to 30 minutes in an infrared sauna (160 to 180 degrees)
- Spend between 10 to 20 minutes in a regular sauna (180 to 190 degrees)
Heat stress safety tips
- Never sauna alone, always have someone with you
- Avoid using sauna after drinking alcohol
- Never use the sauna while pregnant
- Before entering the sauna, drink water
- After finishing sauna session, drink water
- After finishing sauna session, rest for at least 10 minutes by laying down
- Obey the signs of the body and see if you can tolerate heat stress
- If you are sick, decrease the time spent in a sauna and decrease the temperature
In order to do heat stress prevention, we advise you to take a look at our pieces of advice and try to be active at least in several of them. You need to protect your body in order to have a healthier and stronger life. A sauna can bring a lot of benefits that your body will appreciate.