If you are determined to lose some pounds, make a good-looking body and have a healthy life, nothing should stop you from accomplishing that, including a cold weather.
Many people are usually staying at home and they skip exercising just because it is getting cold.
However, there is something about exercising in cold weather that will refresh you like nothing before. By doing this, you can beat any signs of depression, anxiety, and numerous diseases.
Keep in mind that you need to do it right in order to get the advantages.
In this article, we will give you some tips on how to prepare and commit to exercising in cold weather.
How to stay warm and out of harm when training on a cold weather
If you want to continue exercising outdoors, you will need some tricks that will make everything easier. For example, you need to know how to dress properly and you should abide by the following instructions.
- Wear proper equipment
- We want to recommend dressing in around three layers of clothes before heading out. Also, you need to wear a synthetic material that can help you by removing the moisture from the skin. Even though you probably think that cotton material might do the job, they are actually not good for you because they can easily absorb the sweat and will keep your body wet during the training.
- After you dress in synthetic layers, you can add a layer of fleece or wool. They will keep the heat within your body.
- As an addition, you can add another layer made of a material that will protect you from water or wind.
- Always have a hat with you when you are exercising outdoors in the cold weather. If your head is prone to the cold, you can lose up to 50 percent of the body heat.
- Wear gloves in order to avoid frostbite on your hands and fingers.
- Wear a scarf in order to cover your face and avoid frostbite. Also, this will help you get warmer air into your lungs.
- Choose your footwear carefully. It should have traction to prevent slips or falls. You need to pay a lot of attention to your footwear if it is snowing.
- Wear reflective layer on top of your clothes because the drivers might not see you while jogging because of the dark weather during the winter.
- Keep your body hydrated
This goes for exercising in every season of the year. However, it is essential to drink fluids, especially water, during your exercise in the cold weather. Drink water before, during and after your workout. It can be hard to drink water in the coldness, but you need to force yourself to drink as much as you can.
- Consider safety
You need to be safe during the cold weather, therefore, it is better to tell someone that you are heading outdoors for a workout. Tell him your location and time.
This can be helpful if somehow you injure yourself in the cold weather and someone will immediately come looking for you.
Advantages of working out in the cold weather
· You will lose more calories
Because your body will be getting used to the cold and it will be harder to control the temperature, you will be burning more calories during your training. However, there is a difference from a person to a person, so the number of calories that you will lose can vary.
One thing is certain – you will be burning calories and fat more efficiently.
- You will be hydrated
Ingesting enough fluids for your body is essential when you exercise outdoors on a cold weather. Because you will be sweating throughout the whole training, you will become thirstier and you will consume more water.
Make sure that you drink enough water before and during your training.
It will provide numerous health benefits and will keep you fresh and energetic.
- You will improve the health of your heart
Your heart rate will increase because it will move the blood throughout the whole system. This will improve your heart muscles, especially if you are already working out regularly.
You will improve your cardiovascular endurance which is always a good thing.
- You will become more tolerant to the cold
If we are being honest, it is going to be hard when you exercise in the cold.
With that said, you will have tough training that will improve your endurance to the cold, making your stronger and more tolerant to freezing temperatures.
While most of the people around you feel cold, you will enjoy the cold weather and you will reduce the risk of getting sick.
- You will be happier and more energetic
It is already proven that people with depression and stress, feel a lot better after working out.
This means that if you work out in the cold weather, you will feel much better when you feel that cold air while your body is warmed up.
Also, because of the fresh air that you ingest, you will have more energy to endure intense exercises.
Another good thing that happens is that your body will try to keep itself warm, and therefore, it will contribute to the production of endorphins which are hormones that will improve your mood.
- You will ingest the Vitamin D
Even though it will be cold, you will still see the sun coming out from time to time. It will be weak, but you will still get enough vitamin D. This will significantly improve your health and will make you feel better about yourself.
- You will build a good-looking and healthy body
While the majority of people rest at home during the winter season, they always gain a couple of extra pounds. With that said, you need to start exercising in order to defeat that effect.
The best thing about it is that as soon as it gets warm, you will still be fit and you won’t start at zero like most people will.